Friday, January 30, 2009

Terrance Day Newsletter - Winter

Greetings,

Hello! It's been awhile since I last sent out a newsletter.
Usually I don't like to write unless I actually have
something to talk about...

The Holiday season was comforting to be back in Michigan
through December. I spent that time making an effort to not
stress about anything. This means not worrying about the
economy, etc..

Michigan is such a great place. My wife and I have been
traveling the country, and there is no place quite like
Michigan. However, I hear people saying bad things about
Michigan, but it seems they base their opinion on the
economy, or the media. People can make the economy an
excuse to be miserable. Well, nobody needs an excuse for
that. It comes down to a choice. If life is all about money,
well, you will probably be miserable (rich or not).

While I was back home I had few gigs, and especially enjoyed
sharing some of my new songs. I have played at Colosanti's
fruit market (in Higland, MI), and a restaurant called
Cranberrie's Cafe, and Raven Cafe in downtown Port Huron.
These are all independent Michigan businesses. However,
non-Michigan based business locations like Walmart do not
hire Musician's to play at their locations. Most corporate
chains and places like Walmart could care less about a
Musician like me... Walmart also does not seem to care about
the Michigan economy. Remember, every dollar you spend is
like a vote. Are you voting for Michigan? Support local
independent business.

Right now I'm in South Carolina and just booked a last
minute gig for tomorrow night at "Wild Wing" in Myrtle Beach.
After this weekend my wife and I will be heading further
south to Florida. You can see my current show schedule
at http://www.terranceday.com

I have been writing many new songs, and have been very
inspired as I travel the country. One of my new songs is a
song called "The Rodeo". My next album will be more Country
sounding than the last.

Lyrics:
The Rodeo

It was a pale blue moon when we left last night
just before dawn had come
In a dream of a life that I never knew
We were young and part of a rodeo
She was 18 and just out of school
I was a young wrangler with an attitude
Made a living out of riding and she followed me around
My folks compared me to a circus clown

(Chorus)
In the rodeo..
You do what you know
Kickin dust in the wind
Learn the rules as you go

In a real short time I got real good
That's when the money and the fame came like a hurricane
She kept me in line before it went to my head
And my folks found out the kind of son they had

(Chorus)
In the rodeo
You do what you know
Kickin dust in the wind
Learn the rules as you go

(Bridge)
Don't look back
Give a little slack
With the rope and the saddle
Keep on ridin'

Ridin' never gets old
But I sure did
When I woke up in my bed
n' saw what I Missed
Now I thank the good Lord that wasn't my life
But that don't mean that I still won't dream

(Chorus)
Of the Rodeo
Where you rock and you roll
Where you get what your givin'
When your workin' for a livin'
In the Rodeo
You do what you know
Kickin' dust in the wind
Learn the rules as you go
In the rodeo

--

Hope you enjoyed this newsletter and the lyrics
to my latest song.

Feel free to hit replay to write back! I'd love to hear from
you.

Please share this newsletter with your friends.
Stay tuned!

Warm Regards,

Terrance

-

Phone: (586) 480-3000

Email: hello@terranceday.com

Terrance Day
P.O. Box 180902
Utica, MI 48318

Visit: http://www.terranceday.com


-

PO Box 180902, Utica, MI, 48318, United States
--
To unsubscribe or to change your contact details, visit:
http://indiepromotion.com/u?x=a62a&m=t63m&r=fIRz&s=lMUMP&t=f&y=M&

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home