Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Terrance Day Newsletter - September 2008

Greetings,

It's been a long time since I sat down to write a full
newsletter to those of you who "stay tuned". Since my album
was first released, I feel that I have not been pushing this
CD as hard as I could have.. yet I have become much more
motivated lately. I'm not exactly sure where the motivation
is coming from, but I have been reading a great book by
Zig Zigler lately.

As I have been working on new songs, I see the long road
ahead for recording another album. I am thankful to have
at least one full length CD currently available. Sales from
my album "A Simple Life" continue to trickle in... only now
it's available on iTunes, Napster, Rhapsody, and a few other
places online. It's also still available on my own site MakeMusicHistory.com. I have recently stocked up on copies
to have available during all live performances. The goal...
still 1,000,000 sales.

..and why not set a high sales goal? I can't think of any
reasons other than feeling some disappointment if this goal
is never reached. However, wouldn't it be more disappointing
to not set the goal in the first place? Also, will I at
least sell more albums just by setting a high sales goal?
Even 1 percent of my goal would be 10,000 sales. I have read
about people who have done some amazing things... sometimes
they look back and wonder why they didn't set an even bigger
goal to begin with.

See http://www.makemusichistory.com for more info.

=====

This Thursday will be my last gig in Michigan for awhile.
You can catch the live show in my hometown. It's going to be
happening in Utica, Michigan at Wild Bill's (upstairs). The
$4 door cover will include a copy of the album "A Simple
Life" on CD. For more info call 1-800-GOOG-411 (free
information line).

=====

See the calendar at
http://www.terranceday.com for more info.

After many months of planning... the tour I have been
praying about is coming together. September 7 starts this
big tour as we head to Tennessee and then Florida throughout
September and early October. Then we're off to the "Cruise
With A Cause" where I'll be part of a music showcase during
the cruise, and then play for children at a school in the
Bahamas.

The tour will continue through June 2009 and will include
shows in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and hopefully New York, New
Jersey, South Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Illinois, Wisconsin,
Missouri, Minnesota, Indiana, and Illinois. I'll also be
playing throughout Michigan.

I am bringing plenty of CDs to sell, and also selling the
album on flash drives (which includes a digital copy of the
album as MP3s, plus some extras).

My wife and I are excited and a bit stressed at the same
time as we prepare to leave very soon. However, this weekend
before we leave, we are going to be DJing a wedding! Being
a DJ has been a great way to keep busy when I did not have
many performance gigs lined up.

In time I hope to come much closer to my CD sales goal, make
many new fans, and eventually record again. Everything seems
to come together step by step, and no other way. If I do not
keep putting one foot in front of the other, moving forward
would seem impossible... and so I will do what is possible.

If you would like to support these efforts, please buy
copies of my album at www.makemusichistory.com I can
earn all money back ($17,500) from my investment towards
recording and production of the album "A Simple Life". Once
this album is profitable, 100% of the profits will go to
charity... and I would like your support in getting there!
Every CD sale counts, and every step counts along the way.

------------------------------

Give Your Support: http://www.makemusichistory.com

------------------------------

I love living in Michigan, and am proud to be from here!
Let's celebrate at Wild Bills in downtown Utica before this
long tour beings! I hope to see you there this Thursday
(tomorrow). The show starts at 9PM!

Please share this newsletter with your friends. Your support
means so much. Stay tuned!

Warm Regards,

Terrance

-

Phone: (586) 480-3000

Email: hello@terranceday.com

Terrance Day
P.O. Box 180902
Utica, MI 48318

Visit: http://www.terranceday.com


-

PO Box 180902, Utica, MI, 48318, United States
--
To unsubscribe or to change your contact details, visit:
http://indiepromotion.com/r/0x_e+1muf/C8X8CZ3Pr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home